- Breakfast: sultanas, raisins, cranberry & apple oatmeal made with unsweetened almond milk and topped with raspberry compote and melted honey roast peanut butter.
- Lunch: baked sweet potato with mixed beans in a tomato & chilli sauce; rocket, blueberry and red grape salad with balsamic glaze; jazz apple.
- Snack: Eat Natural apricot and almond bar.
- Dinner (out with a friend): buffet - various salads, falafel, orecchiette, roasted vegetables etc; dessert - small bit of sticky toffee pudding, bircher muesli & fruit. YUM!
- Breakfast: sultanas, raisins, cranberry & apple oatmeal made with unsweetened almond milk and topped with half a banana, raspberry compote and melted honey roast peanut butter.
- Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal bread with mango chutney, thyme, fresh ground black pepper and mature cheddar cheese; half a bell pepper, 10 red grapes, jazz apple.
- Snack: dried banana chips, coffeeeeeee.
- Dinner: homemade cauliflower & sweet potato curry with naan bread; organic low-fat vanilla yogurt with a small handful of coconut granola.
- Snack: jazz apple with a small spoonful of melted peanut butter.
- 5 minute warm up walk
- 17 minute run
- 1 minute recovery walk
- 12 minute run
- 30 minute cool down walk (…what happens when you fail at making your run circular! It was such a lovely day though, so any excuse to be out in the sunshine for an extra half hour :) )
If a ‘proper’ run means getting splattered with mud and half submerging one of your trainers in a mini-swamp then I have successfully ticked that box today…
But yay for my first run wearing shorts this year!! I almost regretted it, but then the sun came out and it was so gorgeous :) Fingers crossed for improving that ‘tan’ over the next few weeks…
Best. Breakfast. Ever.
Sultanas, raisins, cranberry & apple oatmeal made with unsweetened almond milk and topped with sliced banana, raspberry compote and melted honey roast peanut butter :)
- Breakfast: half a toasted sesame bagel with honey roast peanut butter; half a banana, strawberries & blueberries.
- Lunch: king prawns with lots of veggies (baby sweetcorn, sugar-snap peas, tender-stem broccoli & spring onions) and sweet chilli sauce; mango & passionfruit yogurt.
- Snack: small Eat Natural apricot & almond bar.
- Dinner: 2 slices of wholegrain bread with mango chutney, thyme, fresh ground black pepper and mature cheddar cheese; jazz apple.
- Snack: mandarin yogurt.
My little brother has taken the car out this evening which means that I can’t head off to the gym for a swim… so I decided to do Elena Brower’s 45 minute ‘Post Cardio Healing’ yoga practice to stretch out and make sure I’m nice and limber for tomorrow’s training session.
So. Damn. Good :)
- 10 minute warm up run
- 4 sprint intervals
- 5 minute cool down walk
Too lovely a morning not to head out for a quick training session :)
Sunday breakfast of champions: half a toasted sesame bagel with honey roast peanut butter and a yummy fruit salad (half a banana, strawberries and blueberries)… and coffee, lots of coffee :)